classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2018 AGM October 14, plus Journals DC238 & 239

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
I'm placing this with the rallies, as I know that a significant number of members do not sign in and look at the contents of the DCA Business section.

First let me remind you all that the news of the AGM in Bristol was printed below your address at the bottom of the carrier sheet that was inside the plastic cover containing your last bulletin. It came to me too late to be printed in DC237:

10:30 am - 4:30 pm, 14 October, The Underfall Yard Bristol. Boatyard tour in the morning in lieu of a speaker, meeting as normal in the afternoon.

Roger is currently in France and has been feeding me bits and pieces which he says he will finally put together for an AGM page in the journal, otherwise I'll do it. There is no parking at the Underfall Yard, but the final piece of the jigsaw from Roger will be the Yard's suggestions on where to park close by.

I may send out the completed page(s) publicising the AGM as another full membership email, in case bulletin DC238 is further delayed (at present I'm expecting to be able to take it to the printer in 10 days - two weeks).

I've circulated this message on dinghysolent, too.

When DC238 goes to the printer, I intend to start immediately on DC239, so send me submissions as from now; don't wait to hear of a deadline.

If anyone wishes to post these details on the DCA Facebook page as well, please be my guest. I don't do Facebook, but I realise that it would vastly increase the numbers reached by this post.

Many thanks,

Keith
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2018 AGM October 14, plus Journals DC238 & 239

Roger Barnes 936
The Underfall Yard
Parking

The nearest car park is at the 
Cottage Inn
Cumberland Road
Bristol
BS1 6YG

This is about a 50 yd walk down the quayside from the Underfall Yard. It is free and you can park there all day. As we will be arriving early on Sunday it should be fine. There is a sign to the Cottage Inn on the Cumberland Road, which will lead you through a gateway in the stone dock wall. The car park is immediately inside on the left.

If it is full! - there is another card park further west at BS1 6XL alongside the Cumberland Basin - follow the Cumberland Road westwards and take the downhill slope at the gyratory system of the Plimsoll Bridge, at the entrance to the harbour. You will find a car park alongside the water there. It is then a 100 yd walk to the Yard.

In a real emergency, there is yet another car park by the SS Great Britain, also off the Cumberland Road. This is pay and display and only for half a day at a time, so you would need to buy another ticket at lunch time. It is about a 500yds walk down the quayside from the Yard.

Apart from the Underfall Yard, there is a lot to see on the Bristol quaysides, including the unique iron ship SS Great Britain - so it you are bringing family members in interested the AGM, they could go to that.

Sent from my iPad

On 4 Sep 2018, at 11:45, Keith Muscott 1516 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm placing this with the rallies, as I know that a significant number of members do not sign in and look at the contents of the DCA Business section.

First let me remind you all that the news of the AGM in Bristol was printed below your address at the bottom of the carrier sheet that was inside the plastic cover containing your last bulletin. It came to me too late to be printed in DC237:

10:30 am - 4:30 pm, 14 October, The Underfall Yard Bristol. Boatyard tour in the morning in lieu of a speaker, meeting as normal in the afternoon.

Roger is currently in France and has been feeding me bits and pieces which he says he will finally put together for an AGM page in the journal, otherwise I'll do it. There is no parking at the Underfall Yard, but the final piece of the jigsaw from Roger will be the Yard's suggestions on where to park close by.

I may send out the completed page(s) publicising the AGM as another full membership email, in case bulletin DC238 is further delayed (at present I'm expecting to be able to take it to the printer in 10 days - two weeks).

When DC238 goes to the printer, I intend to start immediately on DC239, so send me submissions as from now; don't wait to hear of a deadline.

If anyone wishes to post these details on the DCA Facebook page as well, please be my guest. I don't do Facebook, but I realise that it would vastly increase the numbers reached by this post.

Many thanks,

Keith

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/2018-AGM-October-14-plus-Journals-DC238-239-tp1407.html
To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML
Roger Barnes
President
Dinghy Cruising Association

president@dinghycruising.org.uk
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: 2018 AGM October 14, plus Journals DC238 & 239

Graham Neil 2971
In reply to this post by Keith Muscott 1516

Hi Keith,

I've posted the AGM notice on Facebook.

Cheers Graham.

Sent from my Xperia by Sony smartphone

---- Keith Muscott 1516 [via DCA Forum] wrote ----

Many thanks,

Keith

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/2018-AGM-October-14-plus-Journals-DC238-239-tp1407.html
To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Many thanks for your prompt help, Graham. Much appreciated.

I was going to ask you to place on Facebook Roger's detailed notes on parking too – you still can, if you wish, but it is my intention to circulate a pdf of the AGM page, or pages, around dinghysolent and the Forum when complete, hopefully quite soon. If you could do the same on Facebook it would be much appreciated. (The final version will contain the Yard's safety notes, too.)

Best wishes,

Keith

Reply | Threaded
|

Andy Biggs 3272
In reply to this post by Keith Muscott 1516
Well done Keith on producing No. 238, I’ve only scanned it upon getting home, but it looks a great read.

Many thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Thanks Andy. 

A bit heavy on rally reports, 238, but that was entirely expected. Our librarian tells me that many members have said to him that they turn to the rallies first and enjoy them most, which sounds a bit perverse, but each to his own...

One more article to go, plus a couple of letters and the usual tweaking, and the next one will be taken to the printer. Not long now. If anyone is sitting on a rally report, or a winter meeting date, pass it on to me soon!

Keith