Coniston Softies Meet - November 2019

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Coniston Softies Meet - November 2019

harrm
With light winds all weekend, a kettle on board was a necessity as was a camera to take photographs of the wonderful scenery around the lake.

I have attached some examples of photos from both days,

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coniston Softies Meet - November 2019

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Very nice too, Bernard. I think we were all up to the same thing!

On the day after the rally, Monday, we decided to take a gamble on the weather and drive up to Bassenthwaite (I had the inflatable kayak in the car). Rain was forecast for 15:00, but only a slight mizzle appeared, which soon petered out.

We paddled right round the lake and up the two rivers that flow into the south end, the Derwent and the Newlands Beck, for about half a mile each. Finally returned to Piel Wyke where we'd left the car just as daylight faded. After that, into the nearby Pheasant Inn to relax in the snug in front of a log fire and then consume a truly delicious meal. Back to digs in Coniston for nine o'clock.

A fantastic five days to end the 2019 DCA / NW season!

Best regards,

Keith

-----Original Message-----
To: Keith Muscott 1516 <[hidden email]>
Sent: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 14:32
Subject: Coniston Softies Meet - November 2019

With light winds all weekend, a kettle on board was a necessity as was a camera to take photographs of the wonderful scenery around the lake.

I have attached some examples of photos from both days,

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Coniston-Softies-Meet-November-2019-tp1945.html
To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML