classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Coniston 'Softies' Rally, November 2nd & 3rd, 2019

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
This is the first of two general announcements I intend to post about this meeting, which is the last one in the NW regional programme for 2019 — the so-called 'Softies Rally' at Coniston.

First, you need to let me know by email a week before the time at the latest (Friday 25th October) if you intend to be there and whether you wish to attend the meal in the Yewdale Inn, Coniston, on Saturday 2nd. A much earlier contact would be appreciated.  
The room at The Yewdale has a capacity of 32, maximum. About 30 attended last March; three new members have contacted me already to confirm their attendance. The attenders list for dinner will be compiled on a first-come basis, and I will close the list at 32. Enough said, I hope.

If you attend, I will assume that your boat carries at least adequate third party insurance as required by all sailing clubs including Coniston, with whom we liaise closely during these rallies.

I sound heavy-handed, but there is no requirement as to where you sail or when you sail, with or without company, over the weekend; however, attenders usually meet for a coffee and a chat as from 10:00 in the Bluebird Café at Coniston Boating Centre on Saturday morning to discuss plans and renew old acquaintance.

Welcome aboard.

Keith
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coniston 'Softies' Rally, November 2nd & 3rd, 2019

ianfitz
Looking forward to it
Wayfarer Ruby. W2713 a mk1 composite.