|

DCA NW regional planning meeting, Wigan SC, Sat 3rd Feb 2018

John Hughes 2457
When the stormy months of the idle season of winter
were over and the brighter days were coming on,
the people hailed with joy the return of
the season for navigation.

- Chronicle of the Third Crusade

It is approaching that time of year again when DCA members in the North West gather for hot pie lunch to cogitate, deliberate and plan the DCA North West rally programme for the year ahead. "North West", of course, loosely means NW England but includes N Wales and parts of Scotland - essentially the eastern seaboard of the Irish Sea, including inland lakes. And although most of our rallies take place within the region, some NW members arrange rallies elsewhere. And naturally, we welcome DCA members to the meeting from far and wide, anyone who is interested may attend, for this is a social gathering as well as a planning meeting.

As always, the rallies we plan depend on members offering to arrange them. Please make yourself known if you have a suggestion for a rally you would like to arrange.

Also as always, I am seeking speakers for the afternoon. If you would like to report on a cruise,  simply present photos from rallies, or give a presentation on anything relevant to dinghy cruising, please get in touch.

Venue: Wigan Sailing Club

Programme:

10.30  Gather for tea/coffee
11.00  Rally planning
12.45  Lunch (hot pie + dessert, vegetarian option)
14.00  Members' talks
16.00  End

Cost: £7 per person

For catering purposes I need a good idea of number one week in advance,
so please let me know as soon as possible if you intend to come.

John Hughes
DCA NW Regional Secretary