classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DCA South West Area Winter meeting - Saturday 22 February 2020

John Perry 710
As in previous years we plan an event for a Saturday afternoon and evening - members are invited to attend for the full period of the event or just for any part of it.

The venue will be the Forder Community Hut, Forder, Saltash PL12 4QR. - thanks to John Lidstone for arranging this for us.   This is a small meeting hall in the village of Forder about 1.5 miles south from Saltash.   Access to the hall is by foot down the private road on the west side of Forder creek.

Parking in Forder village is very limited. I would sugest parking up the hill towards Saltash in the vicinity of the Cecil Arms (PL12 4AR) or St Stephens church, the Cecil Arms being the pub we plan to visit at the end of our meeting.

We have the use of the hall from mid-day so we can gather for lunch from around 12:30 - bring your own sandwiches etc., the hall does have tea/coffee making facilities. Then, unless the weather is unfavourable, we will set off for a short stroll at 2:00pm, probably taking a look at Forder creek and the River Lynher.  Return to the hall by 15:30 for light refreshments and to start our meeting (On return, please don't bring muddy boots into the hall!) . The first part of the meeting will discuss our rally program for 2020 - ideas for new rally venues are welcome.  The second part of the meeting will be members picture presentations, so let me know if you have pictures you would like to share. Both technical boating subjects and holiday snaps are welcome. We will leave the hall by 18:30 and move up the hill to the Cecil Arms where we will be booking a table for 19:00.

We will share the cost of the hall, tea and biscuits etc. this will probably work out at around £3.00 per head.  Let me know if you would like to be included in our table booking at the Cecil Arms.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DCA South West Area Winter meeting - Saturday 22 February 2020

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Thanks for that John.

Your SW Area Meeting is posted in the Winter issue, 244, which I hope will be out during December. Sorry I haven't responded to your earlier email of the meeting to me, but I've been literally working from dawn to dusk on sorting out the articles for 244. Just got round to letters, rallies, etc, etc.

Keith

-----Original Message-----
To: Keith Muscott 1516 <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 19:04
Subject: DCA South West Area Winter meeting - Saturday 22 February 2020

As in previous years we plan an event for a Saturday afternoon and evening - members are invited to attend for the full period of the event or just for any part of it.

The venue will be the Forder Community Hut, Forder, Saltash PL12 4QR. - thanks to John Lidstone for arranging this for us.   This is a small meeting hall in the village of Forder about 1.5 miles south from Saltash.   Access to the hall is by foot down the private road on the west side of Forder creek.

Parking in Forder village is very limited. I would sugest parking up the hill towards Saltash in the vicinity of the Cecil Arms (PL12 4AR) or St Stephens church, the Cecil Arms being the pub we plan to visit at the end of our meeting.

We have the use of the hall from mid-day so we can gather for lunch from around 12:30 - bring your own sandwiches etc., the hall does have tea/coffee making facilities. Then, unless the weather is unfavourable, we will set off for a short stroll at 2:00pm, probably taking a look at Forder creek and the River Lynher.  Return to the hall by 15:30 for light refreshments and to start our meeting (On return, please don't bring muddy boots into the hall!) . The first part of the meeting will discuss our rally program for 2020 - ideas for new rally venues are welcome.  The second part of the meeting will be members picture presentations, so let me know if you have pictures you would like to share. Both technical boating subjects and holiday snaps are welcome. We will leave the hall by 18:30 and move up the hill to the Cecil Arms where we will be booking a table for 19:00.

We will share the cost of the hall, tea and biscuits etc. this will probably work out at around £3.00 per head.  Let me know if you would like to be included in our table booking at the Cecil Arms.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/DCA-South-West-Area-Winter-meeting-Saturday-22-February-2020-tp1972.html
To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML