classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dinghy Cruising No.242, Summer; & 243, Autumn

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
DC242 should be with most of you today, Friday 13th Sept. The team at Print Works have worked wonders in Chris Gibbs's enforced absence due to injury, and his previous righthand man, Tom, who left some time ago to join another organisation, came in during his spare evenings to help things along. It's that sort of outfit. The good news is that Chris seems to have turned the corner at last and is making good progress. I've been able to call in to see how things were going as it is just 10-15 minutes away. I passed on the good wishes expressed by you all at the AGM.

I have been working on DC243, Autumn, since returning from Cobnor. Any rallies that have taken place recently should be reported and text plus 2/3 photographs sent to me, please. I have two round-Hayling Island reports installed, Cliff's and Alan Moulton's (no more needed until the winner's, thanks!), for which I'd like a couple of photos of Cliff and Alan in his kayak, if anyone can oblige, and all the admin pieces are placed now, including minutes of Cobnor AGM, except for notice of next year's AGM, which I hope to receive soon. My plan was to take 243 to the printer by this time next week on my way to Ullswater. That may be optimistic, but it is still just possible. Fingers crossed.

Keith
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dinghy Cruising No.242, Summer; & 243, Autumn

Roger Barnes 936
Hello Keith

Have you got the 2019 minutes? I have not got a copy. If you have them please could you send them to me too.

Roger

On 13 Sep 2019, at 07:39, Keith Muscott 1516 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

DC242 should be with most of you today, Friday 13th Sept. The team at Print Works have worked wonders in Chris Gibbs's enforced absence due to injury, and his previous righthand man, Tom, who left some time ago to join another organisation, came in during his spare evenings to help things along. It's that sort of outfit. The good news is that Chris seems to have turned the corner at last and is making good progress. I've been able to call in to see how things were going as it is just 10-15 minutes away. I passed on the good wishes expressed by you all at the AGM.

I have been working on DC243, Autumn, since returning from Cobnor. Any rallies that have taken place recently should be reported and text plus 2/3 photographs sent to me, please. I have two round-Hayling Island reports installed, Cliff's and Alan Moulton's (no more needed until the winner's, thanks!), for which I'd like a couple of photos of Cliff and Alan in his kayak, if anyone can oblige, and all the admin pieces are placed now, including minutes of Cobnor AGM, except for notice of next year's AGM, which I hope to receive soon. My plan was to take 243 to the printer by this time next week on my way to Ullswater. That may be optimistic, but it is still just possible. Fingers crossed.

Keith

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Dinghy-Cruising-No-242-Summer-243-Autumn-tp1822.html
To start a new topic under Flotsam & Jetsam: Everything else dinghy cruising, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML

Roger Barnes
President
Dinghy Cruising Association

president@dinghycruising.org.uk
Reply | Threaded
|

Andy Biggs 3272
In reply to this post by Keith Muscott 1516
Many thanks Keith for another excellent issue, no 242.

I’m always amazed at the variety of articles, it makes great reading, all with an interesting nautical theme
Reply | Threaded
|

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
In reply to this post by Keith Muscott 1516
Much appreciated, Andy, as usual. You should find 243 to your liking as well. Another 72-pager with very diverse content. It is done except for one article which I’ll finish this week.
All the very best 
Keith 

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Sep 2019, at 07:39, Keith Muscott 1516 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Keith

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Dinghy-Cruising-No-242-Summer-243-Autumn-tp1822.html
To start a new topic under Flotsam & Jetsam: Everything else dinghy cruising, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML