12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FLYER – AGM at The Underfall Yard, Sunday October 14th 2018

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
This post was updated on .
(I should have placed this post in the DCA Business Section, not in Members' Ads, but I am aware that many of you do not sign in, and that section is invisible until you do. There is nothing hush-hush about this information anyway, so no urgent need for privacy.)

NB: Items to be added to the AGM Agenda must have been received by the President in writing two weeks before the AGM (October 1st, 2018).
Nominations for Life Memberships should be sent to the President in writing. Would Members who wish to attend this meeting send the President an email entitled ‘AGM 2017’, or a letter, preferably before October 1st, 2018.

Annual General Meeting of the Dinghy Cruising Association Sunday, October 14th, 2018

The Underfall Yard, Cumberland Road, Bristol BSI 6XG Tel: 0117 929 3250

The Underfall Yard is a fascinating Victorian working boatyard, recently restored and run by a charitable trust. We will be having a boatyard tour in the morning, rather than a lecture. The old buildings of the Yard house a series of boat builders, working independently. You will see Bristol Channel Pilot Cutters in for repairs and other craft under construction. There is a working hydraulic slipway and lots of chunky Victorian technology.

Timetable

10:30 – 11:00 Arrival, with coffee served in The Pickle (see below)
11:00 – 13:00 Tour of the yard

13:00 Lunch in The Pickle, which is housed in the old hydraulic engine house, part of the yard further along the quay, just beyond the hydraulic slipway.

14:00 – AGM

1. Minutes of 2017 AGM
2. Matters Arising
3. Reports by Officers
4. Election of Officers
5. Award of Life Memberships
6. Any Other Business

16:30 – End of our time at The Yard

Read an article about the yard from Classic Boat, here: http://www classicboat.co.uk/news/yard-visit-march-2015-underfalls-boatyard/ 

Please Read Through the Following Pre-Tour Briefing, as requested by our hosts:

We are looking forward to your visit. Two excellent guides have been booked for your tour.

But please note the following.
This is a working boat yard and the site of both the Docks Engineering team and the Harbour Master. As such it is a dangerous place, so we ask that all visitors follow a few simple rules to remain safe throughout.

Due to the working nature of the site, tour routes may change at short notice
Please wear flat and covered shoes. Much of the tour takes place outside, so wear sensible outdoor clothing such as waterproofs. We do not supply umbrellas.

The workshops are working areas, and likely to be dirty and greasy. Please do not wear clothing that you wish to keep from getting dirty

Please do not touch any machinery during the visit. Machinery onsite may be inactive but it is still dangerous

Please be aware that floor surfaces may be uneven and that there are likely to be trip hazards throughout the site. When walking around it is very tempting to look up but keep your wits about
you and pause before looking up (especially when using mobile phones or cameras)

Please be aware of any equipment on the site that may be protruding and could cause injury if you were to walk into it or knock yourself on it on the way past

Please remain safely behind any barriers and only walk the route that your Tour Guide specifies. The yellow hatching indicates the safe pedestrian route through the yard

If you have any safety concerns at all please inform us

Vehicles: Some parking spaces are available at the site. If they are full, the Cottage Inn car park is off the Cumberland Road, just by the Yard, BS1 6YG. This is a public car park (not owned by the Inn) and is free

Dining: We will be having coffee on arrival, and lunch later, in The Pickle; see above

http://www.underfallyard.co.uk/visit/location-and-opening-hours/
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: FLYER – AGM at The Underfall Yard, Sunday October 14th 2018

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Not exactly what I hoped to post on here this morning, but at least you have the information.  

I have circulated a pdf of the two pages in DC238 which advertise the AGM to all Area Organisers, with the request that they pass it to their groups; also to Liz for dinghysolent; and to Graham Neil for him to place it on FaceBook. If you are really desperate you can email me directly for a copy, but please leave that for 4/5 days as you are likely to receive it in the meantime.

Thanks,

Keith Muscott
Reply | Threaded
|

Roger Barnes 936
The text is there, not the flyer. I presume the forum cannot cope with attachments?

On 21 Sep 2018, at 09:32, Keith Muscott 1516 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've attached the pdf twice – anyone seen it anywhere?!

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/FLYER-AGM-at-The-Underfall-Yard-Sunday-October-14th-2018-tp1428p1429.html
To start a new topic under Members' Ads: offered & wanted, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML

Roger Barnes
President
Dinghy Cruising Association

president@dinghycruising.org.uk
Reply | Threaded
|

John Lidstone 1503
In reply to this post by Keith Muscott 1516
Hi Keith,
Yes, I viewed the pdf contents by following the link in your message to the DCA Forum.
Long live the DCA Forum. The day Facebook becomes our main medium is the day I quit.
John
Reply | Threaded
|

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
In reply to this post by Roger Barnes 936
I've tried twice, once attaching the original PRESS standard pdf made directly from the pages of the Journal, weighing in at 2.1MB. When that failed I made another pdf at lightest possible size, 1.2MB. Still no dice. So I edited my original post by deleting it and copying the text from the pdf and dropping it in.

A poor substitute, but I think members will get the original pdf all right from their area organisers and other sources over the next few days. I've also backed up the original high-res pdf I sent them last night by emailing a text-only flyer to them a few minutes ago – just in case they hit similar problems at any stage.

Reply | Threaded
|

Roger Barnes 936
I'm on the DCA forum now and I can't see the pdf flyer. I am not sure what John Lidstone did to see it. What did you do John?
Roger Barnes
President

Reply | Threaded
|

John Lidstone 1503
Well, I clicked on the emailed link to the forum and Keith's message, there, is followed by the details of the AGM. I should say it isn't a pdf but what I assume to be the contents, detailing the arrangements for the AGM.
John

From: Roger Barnes 936 [via DCA Forum] <ml+[hidden email]>
Sent: 21 September 2018 10:03
To: John Lidstone 1503
Subject: Re: FLYER – AGM at The Underfall Yard, Sunday October 14th 2018

I'm on the DCA forum now and I can't see the pdf flyer. I am not sure what John Lidstone did to see it. What did you do John?
Roger Barnes
President

[hidden email]

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/FLYER-AGM-at-The-Underfall-Yard-Sunday-October-14th-2018-tp1428p1433.html
To start a new topic under Members' Ads: offered & wanted, email ml+[hidden email]
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Roger Barnes 936
The flyer certainly is not there, only the text that Keith copied and pasted. The flyer includes photographs and more details about parking etc. 

On 21 Sep 2018, at 11:19, John Lidstone 1503 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well, I clicked on the emailed link to the forum and Keith's message, there, is followed by the details of the AGM. I should say it isn't a pdf but what I assume to be the contents, detailing the arrangements for the AGM.
John

From: Roger Barnes 936 [via DCA Forum] <ml+<a href="x-msg://9/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1434&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]>
Sent: 21 September 2018 10:03
To: John Lidstone 1503

Roger Barnes
President

<a href="x-msg://9/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1434&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/FLYER-AGM-at-The-Underfall-Yard-Sunday-October-14th-2018-tp1428p1433.html
To start a new topic under Members' Ads: offered & wanted, email ml+<a href="x-msg://9/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1434&amp;i=2" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
NAML

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/FLYER-AGM-at-The-Underfall-Yard-Sunday-October-14th-2018-tp1428p1434.html
To start a new topic under Members' Ads: offered & wanted, [hidden email]
NAML

Roger Barnes
President

Reply | Threaded
|

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Worry ye not, John – I'll email the full pdf to you now. And by all means forward it to whomsoever...

Keith

Reply | Threaded
|

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
AGM_P1.jpg

AGM_P2.jpg

John Lidstone has kindly reduced the two pages of the pdf I sent him to a couple of jpegs of very light resolution, one per page. I have uploaded them to this post – let's see if they are available...
Reply | Threaded
|

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Well, they certainly worked for me... Many thanks for that, John!
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnGriffiths3237

Thanks Keith, got them both and can read them both.

Nice looking place.

JohnG

From: Keith Muscott 1516 [via DCA Forum] <ml+[hidden email]>
Sent: 21 September 2018 17:57
To: JohnGriffiths3237

AGM_P1.jpg

AGM_P2.jpg

John Lidstone has kindly reduced the two pages of the pdf I sent him to a couple of jpegs of very light resolution, one per page. I have uploaded them to this post – let's see if they are available...

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/FLYER-AGM-at-The-Underfall-Yard-Sunday-October-14th-2018-tp1428p1437.html
To start a new topic under Members' Ads: offered & wanted, email ml+[hidden email]
NAML