4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Free For Collection: ± 96 hard copies of past Journals

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Hi Keith

We are former members of the DCA – you may remember us as we use to regularly organise rallies on the East Coast and write articles for the magazine. Sadly 'old' age has crept up on us and various joint problems have ended our dinghy sailing days and we very sadly parted with our very much loved wooden Wayfarer Emma two years ago.

I am now having a serious sort out and find we still have all our DCA magazines from 1990 to 2014 on the shelf. Before I consign them to the paper bank I just wondered if they would be of any interest to some of your more recent members? We live in Ipswich and would be prepared to deliver (by car) to anyone in the Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Herts area. If you think there may be any interest please could you publicise it through your usual channels. I'm afraid I 'don't do' Facebook – life is too short to include any form of social media but I see that the Association does have a Facebook page.

Please can you let me know that you have received this e-mail (just so I know it isn't floating around in the ether somewhere) and let me know if there is likely to be any interest.

Many thanks
Anne Kell

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I do remember these two lovely people, Anne and Dennis, and as I told Anne, I'm sure that you appreciate their offer, which obviously extends to DCA members visiting the areas mentioned by Anne as well as the indigenes!

Keith
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Free For Collection: ± 96 hard copies of past Journals

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
I should have said free DELIVERY, not free for collection – which is even kinder.
Keith
Reply | Threaded
|

John Hughes 2457
I well remember the Kells' excellent cruising articles. They gave a great deal of pleasure!
John
Reply | Threaded
|

Stephen Yates 3232
In reply to this post by Keith Muscott 1516
That sounds really interesting. I know past copies are on the dvd, but its much nicer reading a paper version. I would be interested in these, and am in essex.
Address is 300 thundersley park rd, benfleet, essex, ss71ah. My email address is stephenyates@me.com
I'm heading off tomorrow to sail JoJo from pembroke round to a an essex yard on canvey island, so will be away a couple of week at least. Back early march sometime.
My photographic landscapes ebook from a 1200 mile round trip from Cumbria to top of Scotland & back.
  http://www.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/655065-from-the-sea