classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello from Derbyshire

stevebrett 3428
Hi

I live in Derbyshire and sail a Kestrel at Carsington and bigger boats when I get a chance. I got into sailing recently to save a family boat (the Kestrel) from a death by chainsaw. After 18 months doing it up, I sail as often as work and the weather allow. I am working on a start up so last year was not great for getting out on the water :-(

I really want to get out dinghy camping and so joined the DCA. My aim is to do a trip from Lands End to John O'Groats in a few years but lots to do before that trip. I need to look for a different boat for the trip and get a lot of sea sailing experience but it gives me something to aim at. I am keen to talk to / sail with people in the DCA to help build my sailing experience.

Steve Brett
Wirksworth (about as far as you can get from the sea)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from Derbyshire

Alg Bennett 3435
Hi Steve,

In a similar position in that we're relatively new to sailing and want to do some more adventure type trips - not interested in racing as could ever fit a regular schedule in.

My long term aim is to sail Round Britain in my own designed and built small boat. Like you, having something big to aim at gives some focus.

Currently in my own built kayak trimaran and converting an ISO dinghy to a trimaran as a test bed for my final design to use on the proposed trip.

First some coastal trips then round the Isle of Wight this summer then start extending trips as experience allows.

I am hoping for the big one in 4 years time when I am 50, perhaps we can sync up....
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from Derbyshire

stevebrett 3428
Hi Alg

Best of luck with the round UK trip! It sounds like a great plan.

I have never sailed a cat/trimaran - always been in boats that lean....

Let me know as your plans develop. Would be great to sync up either on a training trip / the real thing.