Is there a law that states you can't have too many boats?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is there a law that states you can't have too many boats?

Brian Chislett 2642
At the Dinghy show last weekend, I was talking to a lady and during the conversation mentioned I had three boats. She replied that she had ten, and listed them. I shook her by the hand, I know when I'm beat!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is there a law that states you can't have too many boats?

Gerald Turner 2924
As I understand it, there is a law, that works out to the formula of n+ 1, i.e. any number you think of + another.
A very exhaustive formula!
Reply | Threaded
|

rrooth@uwclub.net
Gerald is quite correct but the stumbling block is mostly " She who must be obeyed" .
The ruling then becomes "well I think you ought to get rid of one first ".
Reply | Threaded
|

Gerald Turner 2924
Most women will never understand!
I had the same problems when I was a keen cyclist, it got so bad I had to go out and buy a shed,to keep them in,my excuse was every bike was different in some way, and I would get bored riding the same bike everyday.
I think I had over 10 bikes at one stage, and as the formalae is ever expanding, you have to add another!
Reply | Threaded
|

Paul Hadley 2898
There is no law.

But my very understanding and tolerant wife does have a sensible limit on the amount of boating stuff in the garden!
Reply | Threaded
|

Michael Wilkinson 3461
In reply to this post by Gerald Turner 2924
Gerald Turner 2924 wrote
I had the same problems when I was a keen cyclist, it got so bad I had to go out and buy a shed,to keep them in,my excuse was every bike was different in some way, and I would get bored riding the same bike everyday.
I think I had over 10 bikes at one stage, and as the formalae is ever expanding, you have to add another!
At one stage I had 13 unicycles and 2 bicycles in the garage.  I have since rationalised the fleet down to 4 unicycles and 2 bikes.  (My wife also asserts that 4 concertinas is enough.)

As for too many boats: there's a Cornish Cormorant, a Zodiac and 2 kayaks in the garage, and not enough time to use them all.  The Zodiac had one run out last year, the kayak(s) one or possibly two days on the water, and the Cormorant got the most use at twelve days.

I'd need more space to store them and more time to use them before I could even consider the other boats I'd like!
Cornish Cormorant S/N 27.  Living between Grantham and Newark.  Member of Wanlip SC, Leics.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Brooks 3064
When I lived near the centre of Stockport, there was a proposed local bye-law that restricted keeping boats in the front garden. It was years ago and I cant remember what became of it. I can now keep boats at home without having to put them in the front of the house, so I haven't had to keep abreast of that development.