classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

JIBI -- A French fan of GIS

JIBI.COUZIN.683
Hello all DCA members
I Just join the DCA to exchange with British/US/al-over-the-world Boat fans.
I am 69 (already ! ) ex financial manager (last job in Zambia) , living in a village 5 miles N of La Rochelle . I am also the treasurer of the "Voiles et avirons dans les Pertuis" an assoc with "sail and oars" boats based in Port-Neuf ( a suburb of La Rochelle)
I Build a Goat Island Skiff (GIS) in 2013 called TAKKA which I enjoyed very much .
Besides , she looks like our "Plates" and is confortable in our waters  ( Ré -Oléron - AIX ) despite a tendancy to "slam" in the waves due to her flat sole .
I might go to your "Irish raid" with this boat ... and/or  meet the DCA folks driving down to La Rochelle in September 2018.
French - age 69 -living near La Rochelle (France)
Builder/User in 2013 of a Goat Island Skiff named TAKKA.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: JIBI -- A French fan of GIS

Patrick Hay 3474
Hello Jibi
I like the GIS.  It looks like a fast and capable boat with an interesting rig.  I have built two plywood sailing dinghies and also renovated many other boats.  I am British but I have lived  for 17 years  in France (and worked here for some of that time). I am now retired.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you and some of your voile-aviron colleagues when I bring my boat to the Charente Maritime in September.

Patrick
"Salvo" -  1963 Tricorn dinghy designed for coastal cruising
Conchil Le Temple
France
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: JIBI -- A French fan of GIS

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
In reply to this post by JIBI.COUZIN.683
Hello JIBI

If you are still interested in attending the Lough Erne rally in Ireland, please send me your private email address and I will forward you an invitation to join a forum I am setting up tonight for attenders, to deal with last-minute questions, directions, etc. 

The forum is called 'lightcraft' in case you think it is from an online scammer, or is just spam, when you receive the invitation.

I hope you are still keen about coming! 

Keith Muscott