classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

'Join The Club' in the Spring Issue of Water Craft, 2019

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Please note that the current DCA submission to Join the Club in Water Craft, page 62, which Pete Greenfield has titled 'Flood and Mud', gives the impression that I wrote the piece when in fact it was produced by CHRIS LAVENDER after I asked him to paraphrase his excellent rally report on the DCA's visit to Glasson Sailing Club, which had already appeared in our journal. I didn't even attend this rally!

I also asked that all photo credits be given to MATT DIDCOTE.

I sent this to Water Craft very early for once, without waiting to be asked, so it must have lain in a folder on his hard drive over the Christmas period to be finally picked up and used without reference to my original emails.

My apologies to Chris and Matt; I will ask PG to clarify this in the next issue when I send him another report in a week or so's time.

Keith
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 'Join The Club' in the Spring Issue of Water Craft, 2019

Roger Barnes 936
I always put the details of the article (author etc and any credits) in a header that appears on every page of the article manuscript, so that this is clear. I also always put the photo credit in the photo file name.

On 20 Feb 2019, at 09:28, Keith Muscott 1516 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Please note that the current DCA submission to Join the Club in Water Craft, page 62, which Pete Greenfield has titled 'Flood and Mud', gives the impression that I wrote the piece when in fact it was produced by CHRIS LAVENDER after I asked him to paraphrase his excellent rally report on the DCA's visit to Glasson Sailing Club, which had already appeared in our journal. I didn't even attend this rally!

I also asked that all photo credits be given to MATT DIDCOTE.

I sent this to Water Craft very early for once, without waiting to be asked, so it must have lain in a folder on his hard drive over the Christmas period to be finally picked up and used without reference to my original emails.

My apologies to Chris and Matt; I will ask PG to clarify this in the next issue when I send him another report in a week or so's time.

Keith

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Join-The-Club-in-the-Spring-Issue-of-Water-Craft-2019-tp1616.html
To start a new topic under Flotsam & Jetsam: Everything else dinghy cruising, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML

Roger Barnes
President
Dinghy Cruising Association

president@dinghycruising.org.uk