classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Kielder End of Season Rally 14-16 October

Bill Haylock 3130
Dear DCA Member,

A reminder of our end of season rally at Kielder Water 14th - 16th October...

As with previous rallies at Kielder, we will be hosted by cruising-friendly Kielder Water Sailing Club. Kielder Water is the largest reservoir (by volume) in the UK, with a surface area of  4.2 square miles and a shoreline 27.5 miles long. It is a great place to cruise, with many bays and inlets. The club house is a cosy log cabin on the shore of the lake, with space to camp or park a campervan or caravan. The charge, including the use of club facilities and Northumberland Water's access charge to the water is £10 per adult for the two days (Friday evening to Sunday evening) or £15 if you want to stay on for Monday 17th too. Everyone who has been to previous Kielder rallies has had a great time and been impressed by the reservoir and its environs. The wild open spaces of Northumberland are one of England's great undiscovered secrets. Come and discover for yourself!

Please get in touch to let me know if you intend coming to the rally.

Bill Haylock

Secretary

DCA North East and Borders Region

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Kielder End of Season Rally 14-16 October

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Hi Bill,

I can't travel up on Thursday, as I usually do, but I will aim to be there on Friday evening and I'll stay until Monday at least.

Keith

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve Shone 3398
In reply to this post by Bill Haylock 3130
Hello, Bill.
Im intending to be there with my new aquisition, a Lune Coastal Weekender. Let's hope for some decent weather

Steve
Steve and Eileen - ex-Dabber sailors, almost ex-Cape Cutter 19 sailors, now Lune Whammel Coastal Weekender sailors. Based in East Yorkshire and looking forward to some DCA rallies.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bill Haylock 3130
In reply to this post by Keith Muscott 1516
Great! Look forward to seeing you again Keith.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bill Haylock 3130
In reply to this post by Steve Shone 3398
Hi Steve, I look forward to seeing you and the new boat!
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Kielder End of Season Rally 14-16 October

Bob Tarn 2572

Hi Bill

Sorry I can’t make it I have to go to a family funeral in the midlands on Friday 14th and the earliest I could reach Keilder would be late Saturday.

Hope you have good weather and a great rally.

Bob

From: Bill Haylock 3130 [via DCA Forum] [mailto:ml-node+[hidden email]]
Sent: 03 October 2016 11:10
To: Robert Tarn <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Kielder End of Season Rally 14-16 October

Great! Look forward to seeing you again Keith.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Kielder-End-of-Season-Rally-14-16-October-tp600p603.html

To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

John Sharpe 2985
Hi Bill,
I'm planning to attend, hoping to arrive Friday tea time and stopping until Sunday.
Hope to see you there.
 Best regards

John
John Sharpe & Michy-Lou.
Loving Sailing
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve Shone 3398
Should anyone wish to take advantage of the glorious weather that's forecast  , I'll be there from Wednesday afternoon. I'm going up early to prepare my other boat for potential buyers to view on Thursday. If the barrier to the sailing club is locked, limbo underneath and walk down to the clubhouse/slipway. I'll not be far away (unless I've taken them for a sail on Thursday afternoon of course) and can let you in. If you can't find me you should be able to get me on 07974 009902 if the Great God Orange blesses me with a signal - this is wild Northumberland you know

Steve
Steve and Eileen - ex-Dabber sailors, almost ex-Cape Cutter 19 sailors, now Lune Whammel Coastal Weekender sailors. Based in East Yorkshire and looking forward to some DCA rallies.
Reply | Threaded
|

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Everything still on course for me, Steve, but I need to speak to you about a couple of details. I'll call you tomorrow.

Keith

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve Shone 3398
If you can't raise me on the mobile number, Kieth, the clubhouse number is 01434 240052 - I'll certainly be in there tea time onwards.

Steve