11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Lough Erne Rally 2017, and mention of Abersoch

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
The Irish Rally will take place from Wednesday July 5th to July 16th.

There are currently 5 or 6 people committed and two boats. All are NW area, but I will post this rally separately in the Programme as well as in the NW section.
Tom Bailey, our Lough Erne Yacht Club contact had this to say to me earlier this week:

Keith
Good to hear from you. Regardless of how many boats are coming, the DCA will be welcome at LEYC. The dates suggested are fine. I will fit in with whatever is convenient. As you are aware Lower Lough Erne is a very significant piece of water with many islands. It's over 30 miles long with a very large exposed inland sea area in its NW corner. I will be happy to use my cruiser as a mother ship in these areas and if needed I could tow the boats to the northern extreme of the Lough and the crews could have an adventure sailing back down. The normal summer wind will be WSW so it should be enjoyable.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Tom

There is useful information to be gleaned from his first letter too (Bulletin 231, page 15) such as:
Yacht Club – www.leyc.org
Manor House Hotel for de luxe sailors –  www.manorhousecountryhotel.com
Waterways Ireland web page – www.waterwaysireland.org

Club facilities will be extended to DCA members and there is ample parking for cars and trailers.

Camping will be the norm, and overnighting on an island or two is being considered.

No need to go further into details. If you're a serious contender email me and I'll add you to the circulation group.

Abersoch after Easter became a non starter as a) no-one was interested in a week, or flexible attendance during a week, only a weekend, and –
b) the only weekend the house was available around Easter was the last one of the school holidays. Abersoch is magical without the crowds, which means outside school holidays of course.

Keith

Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Lough Erne Rally 2017, and mention of Abersoch

Gerald Turner 2924
Keith, I am interested in this, but can't check my dates till I get home,I am away in Seville, is it going to be a week, cos a long weekend is too short for me, what with travelling from the Essex coast via Dublin, but no more than it was to the South of France last year to the Charente-Maritime, be cooler and English speaking to boot!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Gerald,

I'll put you on the circulation list and forward the emails already circulated. Please email me using your private email. Blank is fine!

There are currently seven or eight of us, spouses included, not including Tom the host.

Keith

Reply | Threaded
|  

RE: Lough Erne Rally 2017, and mention of Abersoch

Bob Tarn 2572

Keith

Could you add me to the circulation list please. I will be sailing with Roger Blamire, a fellow wayfarer sailor who is about to join the DCA, either in his boat or mine.

Regards

Bob

From: Keith Muscott 1516 [via DCA Forum] [mailto:ml-node+[hidden email]]
Sent: 27 February 2017 16:50
To: Robert Tarn <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Lough Erne Rally 2017, and mention of Abersoch

Gerald,

I'll put you on the circulation list and forward the emails already circulated. Please email me using your private email. Blank is fine!

There are currently seven or eight of us, spouses included, not including Tom the host.

Keith

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Lough-Erne-Rally-2017-and-mention-of-Abersoch-tp719p722.html

To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|  

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Okey-doke, Bob. Nice to hear from you again!

Keith

PS: acknowledge this with your private email so I can send you the correspondence to date

Reply | Threaded
|  

Gerald Turner 2924
In reply to this post by Gerald Turner 2924
grldtnr@yahoo.com
Should reach me Keith.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
While you're on here again, Gerald, I have to report that I'm having difficulty reaching you with your private email address – returned twice, but I've double-checked that it has been given as received. Have you received the previous mail from the others about Ireland?

The number of those interested is beginning to look really healthy – I smell another classic rally in the offing.

Keith

Reply | Threaded
|  

Gerald Turner 2924
geraldturner63@gmail.com is the other account I use Keith,
Reply | Threaded
|  

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
Thanks for that, Gerald.

Reply | Threaded
|  

Paul Holdsworth 3279
In reply to this post by Keith Muscott 1516
I'm going to Lough Erne on 21/5. Please see my post in the thread entitled "An Invitation to sail in Ireland..." and reply there as necessary.
Reply | Threaded
|  

John White 3176
In reply to this post by Keith Muscott 1516
I have been to LEYC on a Drascombe rally, it is a great venue. About 9 years ago we also had a family holiday on the other side of the headland within walking distance at Manor Marine Cottages for a week with my Laser Bahia and a kayak. We have good memories of it, plenty of things to do for my wife, 3 sons and a dog while I sailed.

John