Waters?  Eek!  Rather you than me...
JPH
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mirror Miracle

JPH
In reply to this post by Brian Chislett 2642
Yes, mirror sails will fit on a miracle and it will sail...........  BUT  the main sail shape is not perfect  and the Jib cleats are not in the right place as standard !.

I know all this as I helped a friend rig his miracle with old mirror sails this summer and went out with him in it, it was a breezy day and we had no dramas.

If you could get up to Cirencester one Saturday,  I am sure he would show you the set up.

He also told me about a conversion to mirror rig he had read about.

I have a spare set of mirror sails to sell (£60)  if you decided it was for you.

HTH.  

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mirror Miracle

Brian Chislett 2642
Yes I would love to have a look at a Miracle with Mirror rig. Can you please let me have contact details.

Thanks all for  the helpful comments, plus the few humerous ones. It appears that the Miracle was built for racing, large sail area, no reefing etc. I thought I was just a larger 'Mirror'. Several members have changed the rig to something less exciting but at a cost ie. roller reefing on the Jib. Softer sails with reefing points etc. It's not a viable option. The Miracle Association inform me that  several boats do exist with the standard 'Mirror' rig. They seem to sail well although not very fast. Maybe I shall give it just one more shot, by having a look at a sample, before selling the boat on. The Miracle  is in lovely condition  and at a silly price I am sure I shall soon find a buyer.