Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NW Region - Menai Straits Rally, North Wales 20/21 July 2019

Colin Holt 3110
July 20th &21st, Menai Straits, Gwynedd, North Wales.
Colin Holt   colinnholt@aol.com

Launch around 10 am Saturday morning at Dinas Boatyard, Y Felinheli (Port Dinorwic) but useable +/- 3 hours HW. HW Friday will also suit many. Wide, gentle slipway with secure overnight car/trailer parking is chargeable -  OS Grid Ref; SH 520 672.  A free public slip for light dinghies also available with limited on road parking.
Sail in the beautiful Menai Strait and sleep aboard or camp wild in the sand dunes at Abermenai Point, BBQ/camp fire Sat eve. Recover +/- 3 hours HW Sunday. HW (Y Felinheli) Fri 19th; July 1231h, Sat 20th July; 1304h, Sun 21st July; 1337h.

Some will arrive Friday and launch either around HW, enjoy an afternoon sail and possibly a get together /meal in the local pub.

The tides are perfect for this event, all we need is the weather to be kind...see you there! Please let me know in advance if you intend to join us as I need to inform the boatyard of likely numbers.
Cheers, Colin

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NW Region - Menai Straits Rally, North Wales 20/21 July 2019

Peter Brooks 3064
Does anyone want a crew for this event? I would like to sail with someone with experience of these conditions and/or the strait. I dont think my Mirror is suitable.
Peter Brooks
Reply | Threaded
|

Colin Holt 3110
Hi Peter, I will let you know if someone is looking for a crew. Though I don’t tend to hear from people who intend to come until last minute! 
Regards, Colin

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Jul 2019, at 20:41, Peter Brooks 3064 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does anyone want a crew for this event? I would like to sail with someone with experience of these conditions and/or the strait. I dont think my Mirror is suitable.
Peter Brooks

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1766.html
To unsubscribe from NW Region - Menai Straits Rally, North Wales 20/21 July 2019, click here.
NAML
Colin Holt - 3110
Cornish Cormorant / Laser 13
Conwy - Gogledd Cymru / North Wales

Reply | Threaded
|

Colin Holt 3110
In reply to this post by Peter Brooks 3064
Hi Peter, I will let you know if someone is looking for a crew. Though I don’t tend to hear from people who intend to come until last minute! 
Regards, Colin

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Jul 2019, at 20:41, Peter Brooks 3064 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Peter Brooks

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1766.html
To unsubscribe from NW Region - Menai Straits Rally, North Wales 20/21 July 2019, click here.
NAML
Colin Holt - 3110

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Brooks 3064
Thanks Colin
Everyone else; Dont feel that you have to wait for Colin! You can get in touch directly.
Peter.
Reply | Threaded
|

Martin Wright 3604
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Colin Holt 3110
Hi Colin,

I am interested in joining the rally. I am a new member since May and am able to come along from the Friday evening until Sunday. It will be my first tidal cruise. I would like to bring a guest if this is OK.
Martin Wroght
Wayfarer Mk1 / Sea Otter 18
Reply | Threaded
|

Colin Holt 3110
Hi Martin, 
Nice to hear from you. Both you and your guest would be most welcome. 
Arrival Friday evening will limit options to launch as Dinas Boatyard slipway is usually only open until teatime. 
There is a public slipway where you could launch your Wayfarer but only 3 hours either side of high water ie; not before around 10pm on Friday night. Otherwise, Sat morning.
It’s a beautiful place to sail and Abermenai is a great spot to camp overnight, either aboard or in the sand dunes.
All very loose plans are of course subject to local weather conditions and each skipper’s decision to sail. 
I would be grateful if you could confirm your intention to sail a few days prior.
Many thanks, Colin Holt 
Mob 07748 166344
Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Jul 2019, at 17:32, jonwrig [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Colin,

I am interested in joining the rally. I am a new member since May and am able to come along from the Friday evening until Sunday. It will be my first tidal cruise. I have a Wayfarer Mk1. I would like to bring a guest if this is OK.

--
Kind regards
Martin Wright

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1776.html
NAML
Colin Holt - 3110

Reply | Threaded
|

Martin Wright 3604
Hi Colin,
definitely coming up on Friday with the intention of arrival PM, staying at a pub the Friday night and will be able to launch from the public slip nearby on Sat morning. My guest is keen to come along so there will be two aboard 'Gudrun'. He'll probably pitch a tent on the dunes sat night and I'll probably either sleep under the stars or on board under canvas whichever comes first.
Martin

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 21:56, Colin Holt 3110 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin, 
Arrival Friday evening will limit options to launch as Dinas Boatyard slipway is usually only open until teatime. 
There is a public slipway where you could launch your Wayfarer but only 3 hours either side of high water ie; not before around 10pm on Friday night. Otherwise, Sat morning.
It’s a beautiful place to sail and Abermenai is a great spot to camp overnight, either aboard or in the sand dunes.
All very loose plans are of course subject to local weather conditions and each skipper’s decision to sail. 
I would be grateful if you could confirm your intention to sail a few days prior.
Many thanks, Colin Holt 
Mob 07748 166344
Sent from my iPhone

Hi Colin,

I am interested in joining the rally. I am a new member since May and am able to come along from the Friday evening until Sunday. It will be my first tidal cruise. I have a Wayfarer Mk1. I would like to bring a guest if this is OK.

--
Kind regards
Martin Wright

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1776.html
NAML
Colin Holt - 3110

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1778.html
NAML

--
Kind regards
Martin Wright
Martin Wroght
Reply | Threaded
|

Colin Holt 3110
Thanks Martin, the forecast is looking quite unsettled at the moment with F4-6 possible but changing daily!
Weather permitting, I suggest aiming to be on the water around 10am Sat ( or before). 
A contact number would be good In case plans change.
Thanks Colin

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Jul 2019, at 17:56, Martin Wright 3604 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Colin,
definitely coming up on Friday with the intention of arrival PM, staying at a pub the Friday night and will be able to launch from the public slip nearby on Sat morning. My guest is keen to come along so there will be two aboard 'Gudrun'. He'll probably pitch a tent on the dunes sat night and I'll probably either sleep under the stars or on board under canvas whichever comes first.
Martin

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 21:56, Colin Holt 3110 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin, 
Many thanks, Colin Holt 
Mob 07748 166344
Sent from my iPhone

Hi Colin,

--
Kind regards
Martin Wright

NAML
Colin Holt - 3110

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1778.html
NAML

--
Kind regards
Martin Wright
Martin Wroght

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1779.html
NAML
Colin Holt - 3110

Reply | Threaded
|

Martin Wright 3604
Hi Colin,
My number 07722922461
Regards
Martin

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Sent: Tuesday, 16 July 2019 21:54
To: Martin Wright 3604
Subject: Re: NW Region - Menai Straits Rally, North Wales 20/21 July 2019

Thanks Martin, the forecast is looking quite unsettled at the moment with F4-6 possible but changing daily!
Weather permitting, I suggest aiming to be on the water around 10am Sat ( or before). 
Thanks Colin

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Jul 2019, at 17:56, Martin Wright 3604 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Colin,
Martin

Hi Martin, 
Many thanks, Colin Holt 
Mob 07748 166344
Sent from my iPhone

Hi Colin,

--
Kind regards
Martin Wright

NAML
Colin Holt - 3110

NAML

--
Kind regards
Martin Wright
Martin Wroght

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1779.html
NAML
Colin Holt - 3110

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1780.html
NAML

Martin Wroght
Reply | Threaded
|

Colin Holt 3110
Thanks Martin, I am on 
07748166344. Colin

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Jul 2019, at 22:58, Martin Wright 3604 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Colin,
My number 07722922461
Regards
Martin

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Sent: Tuesday, 16 July 2019 21:54
To: Martin Wright 3604
Subject: Re: NW Region - Menai Straits Rally, North Wales 20/21 July 2019

Thanks Colin

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Colin,
Martin

Hi Martin, 
Many thanks, Colin Holt 
Mob 07748 166344
Sent from my iPhone

Hi Colin,

--
Kind regards
Martin Wright

NAML
Colin Holt - 3110

NAML

--
Kind regards
Martin Wright
Martin Wroght

NAML
Colin Holt - 3110

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1780.html
NAML

Martin Wroght

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/NW-Region-Menai-Straits-Rally-North-Wales-20-21-July-2019-tp1765p1781.html
NAML
Colin Holt - 3110