classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SteveMitchell3635
Hi All,
Just a quick post to introduce myself. Recently downsized from my Crabber 24 "Black Jack" which I sailed out of the Beaulieu for the last six years. Prior to that I had a Cornish Shrimper "Spray" for 12 years and trailed quite extensively including Cornwall, Scotland and Denmark. Now trying to keep it simple and less stressful with my newly acquired 12ft Smacks Boat "Joy" which I tow behind my VW Camper. Have only sailed her twice so far and am loving the simplicity (and lack of anti fouling and mooring fees :-)) Also a long time member of the Old Gaffers Association.

Looking forward to attending some rallies.

Best wishes

Steve

Joy 

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member

AnneWroe3634
Hi Steve,
I hope that you enjoy the travelling light way of doing things. I keep slipping off back to yacht sailing but whenever I hitch up Swallow and take to the road I know what I prefer. Campervan and boat definitely the way to go.
From one new member to another "welcome".
Anne
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member

SteveMitchell3635
Thank you Anne.

Just spent an enjoyable impromptu couple of nights at the Cobnor rally and was very well received. Had a cracking days sailing yesterday. Forgot what it was like to be hanging on to a mainsheet for nigh on 5 hours. The new boat performed brilliantly and I'm looking forward to more adventures.

Steve
Cobnor Rally 2019