classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member - Hugh Blank

hughblank3600
This post was updated on .
Hello fellow members. I'm based in Wellington, New Zealand and have recently joined the DCA. Although at the moment I am mainly involved in club racing, going forward I will be moving more towards day sailing and camp cruising. We have a good bunch of dinghy cruisers here in Wellington, and I will be learning from their considerable experience. I sail a First Mate 15' plywood skiff that I built over several years - slow learner - and I am busy arranging various aspects to make it more suitable for cruising, including on-board sleeping. I also have a Mirror dinghy, which is a fabulous little boat. I hope to catch up with some members during one of my periodic visits to the UK. In the picture my boat is the one with the blue hull, #2 on the sail. Cheers, Hugh.

Hugh Blank
Wellington, New Zealand
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member - Hugh Blank

Stephen Davies 3471
Welcome Hugh,

Where do you stay when crossing the ponds.

Stephen.
Mirror, Medway.
Reply | Threaded
|

hughblank3600
Hi Stephen, thanks for the message. I have a daughter living in London, so I spend most time there. I also have lots of connections in Scotland - Inverness and North - through my wife's family. I'm usually combining business and family, but I'm hoping it can be a bit more on the family and leisure side soon. I am hoping my daughter will buy a house soon, one with just enough room to store a Mirror.
Are you in Medway, South East of London?
Hugh Blank
Wellington, New Zealand
Reply | Threaded
|

Stephen Davies 3471
Great,

I live in a marvelous place called Penge, south of London, I sail on the Medway, sometimes out onto the Thames Estuary, I have judged this to be the most expansive sailing ground in easy reach of Penge.

I lived in Inverness for 3 years and knew it well, I never sailed up there but weekends out afford me a great knowledge of the western highlands north of Fort William on foot.

Hope to bump to you here or there.

Good sailing.

Stephen