classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member!

Jez Searle
Hi all!

I'm new to the DCA. I am the proud owner of a Mirror dinghy that I intend to use for cruising.  I am not a particularly experienced sailor so if anyone is around to sail with sometime I would be very happy for the company.  I normally sail from Christchurch, Dorset but I'm happy to travel.  I'm looking forward to the next DCA rally where I can meet some of you!
If anyone with a mirror lives nearby I would be very grateful if I could have a look at it just to get some ideas for mine.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Jerry
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member!

Stephen Davies 3471
Hi Jerry,

I'm miles from you on East Coast, (Medway), But I'm looking forward to Cobnor Fortnight, (Chichester Harbour), this year with my Mirror, I hope I might see you there?

When I got back into sailing,
 I found it really helped to join a sailing club as well, I got loads of encouragement and opportunity to sail regardless of the weather.... Capsize drill on your own is a bit nerve racking, but with a RIB in attendance....

Hope you get out on the water soon.

Stephen

Reply | Threaded
|

Jez Searle
Hi Stephen.

I am a member of the Highcliffe Sailing club at Mudeford which is where I developed a real love for sailing.  I  am hoping to get to that event so I will hopefully see you there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rob Stracey 2676
In reply to this post by Jez Searle
Hi Jerry, welcome to the DCA.  I also sail a Mirror, usually on the south coast, and am hoping to attend as many of the rallies as possible this year (to make up for two years of almost no sailing!), so hopefully will bump into you at one of them.  If you haven't already done so I would suggest joining the dinghysolent group on yahoo groups, as information about most of the south coast region rallies is posted there.
Cheers,
Rob