Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

North East Region Rally at Kielder 6th - 8th October

Bill Haylock 3130

The DCA North East Region end of season Rally will take place over the weekend of 6th - 8th October,  at Kielder Water Sailing Club, Tower Knowe, Falstone, Hexham, Northumberland  NE48 1BX  Grid Ref. NY 698 869.

The Met Office weather forecast is currently showing light rain on Saturday, but dry and overcast on Friday and Sunday. The winds, according to the forecast, may not be as wild as we have become accustomed to at recent Kielder rallies – but local conditions may be very different from the forecast weather, so we need to be prepared for anything, as usual!

I will be at Kielder from midday on Friday 6th, to unlock the gates and clubhouse and to show people around the facilities. If you've not been here before. We will have full use of the Clubhouse over the weekend, which includes use of the Members' galley for self-catering. There is a grass area around the clubhouse which can be used for camping, and plenty of parking space for cars and vans. There is a charge of £15 per person for non-members of Kielder Water Sailing Club to cover the use of the club's facilities and access to the water for the weekend. I will collect the money over the weekend.

The plan is to sail full days on both Saturday and Sunday and possibly a shorter sail on Friday afternoon. On the full days we usually sail almost to the far end of the lake and stop for lunch in a sheltered creek, so bring provisions including packed lunch ingredients (it's about 10 miles to the nearest shop). You can also bring provisions to cook your own evening meals in the members' galley, or go to one of the local pubs for an evening meal. We usually go to the Pheasant Inn, which has the rather quaint address of Shilling Pot, Stannersburn, Hexham NE48 1DD.  It does good food and is quite popular, so it's a good idea to book ahead.

I look forward to seeing you at Kielder! If you have any questions, please email me back or phone me on 07421 083838.

Bill Haylock