Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rally, River Fal at Philleigh Sat 30th June / Sun 1st July

John Lidstone 1503
Dare I say that the long range weather forecast for this rally looks fantastic?! I am currently aware of Alastair and Karl planning to attend. As people decide that they might come (I know nothing is certain in sailing), would they please let me know so that I can improve the accuracy of our table booking at the Roseland Inn on Saturday night? Thank you.
Regards
John Lidstone
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rally, River Fal at Philleigh Sat 30th June / Sun 1st July

Steve Parke 2986
John - hi - sending my apologies - was planning to attend but am now moving daughter from surrey to avon on that weekend; i'm driving the van!!

have a great weekend sail - weather looks very positive

Steve
Steve
Arwen's Meanderings
www.arwensmeanderings.blogspot.com
Reply | Threaded
|

John Lidstone 1503
Oh well, these things happen! Thanks for letting me know.
John
Reply | Threaded
|

David Platten 2616
In reply to this post by John Lidstone 1503
I plan to join the Fal rally on 30/6, with my brother, Geoff. We will probably launch from Pascoe's at St. Just, and may have to return there for the night as Geoff has a gammy leg which, if it's not recovered sufficiently by then, might preclude him from walking the kilometre up to the pub. Mooring in St. Just creek, we can just take to the car and drive up to the pub in 10 minutes. On Sunday morning we can sail up river again to meet the rest of you. Looks like being a good w/e weatherwise! Regards David.
Reply | Threaded
|

John Lidstone 1503
The rally was attended by:

Karl, Lorna and Dylan Badham    Welsford Navigator (14’9”)    “Flying Duckman”
Alastair Law                               Paradox (14’)                       “Little Jim”
David and Geoff Platten              Voyager 14                          “Octavia”
John Lidstone                            Tricat 6m trimaran                “Spider from Mars”
Peter Menear in his Wayfarer planned to sail round from Penzance but was forced to turn back at Lizard Pt due to lack of wind.

Sorry, I can't seem to straighten the first photo. Full rally report will be in the summer edition of Dinghy Cruising.