classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SW Area St Germans Rally 21st/22nd

John Lidstone 1503
Hi,

I'm hoping that the current high wind and rain forecast for Saturday will blow through a day early. So keep an eye on the forecast before you decide not to come!

I could do with an idea of numbers for arranging food and so would appreciate if you could let me know if you might be interested in coming should the forecast improve.

One obvious option for food is the short walk to the Eliot Arms but there is also, the very welcoming and comfortable Quay Sailing Club next to the venue who have offered to open for us with a bar service and Cornish Pasties. Please let me know what do you think.

John
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SW Area St Germans Rally 21st/22nd

David Platten 2616
I certainly plan to be there, if only for the evening.  I'll be there from about 1730, in time to watch all you brave souls sailing in! The Eliot Arms is nice, and my car will be available for taxi service, but the sailing club sounds good, too, so I'm easy about either. Regards, David Platten
Reply | Threaded
|

John Lidstone 1503

Hi David,

In the end, as the Quay Sailing Club had offered to open up for us and it's their land, I opted for them. They will be expecting us from 1730.

I haven't decided whether to sail or not yet but I'll be there of course.

Regards

John

From: David Platten 2616 [via DCA Forum] <ml+[hidden email]>
Sent: 16 October 2017 15:06
To: John Lidstone 1503
Subject: Re: SW Area St Germans Rally 21st/22nd

I certainly plan to be there, if only for the evening.  I'll be there from about 1730, in time to watch all you brave souls sailing in! The Eliot Arms is nice, and my car will be available for taxi service, but the sailing club sounds good, too, so I'm easy about either. Regards, David Platten

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/SW-Area-St-Germans-Rally-21st-22nd-tp1102p1103.html

To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, email ml+[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

John Lidstone 1503
In reply to this post by John Lidstone 1503
Dear All,

Sunset on Sat            1814

LW St Germans Sat  1406 1.0m

HW St Germans Sat 1938 5.2m

The Quay Sailing Club, PL12 5NA, SX363572 , St Germans will be open for us from 1730 on Saturday providing a bar and pasties. Please note that this is different to the advertised venue.

Some of you have said they may be sailing and some coming by car which is all ok.

Kind regards

John Lidstone
Reply | Threaded
|

John Lidstone 1503
Dear All,

Unfortunately the weather forecast has refused to improve for this weekend. The 50mph gusts on Saturday and heavy rain forecast for both days suggest that it will be neither pleasurable or safe. Therefore I am cancelling the rally and I will inform the Quay SC of the fact.

Should anyone want to arrange something for a later date, please feel free. Next weekend has been suggested but I have other commitments so I can't take part.

Very sorry!

Kind regards

John
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve Parke 2986
thanks for letting us know John
Steve
Arwen's Meanderings
www.arwensmeanderings.blogspot.com