CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SW region rally to Lerryn 28/29 July

John Lidstone 1503
Hi David,
I'm hoping to get there. I'll be sailing from Saltash.
I only know Lerryn from Google's satellite photo - It looks like there is access to the south bank road from between the old mill house going upstream past a slipway as far as the car park where there is also a causeway. Is that the best place to aim for?
John
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve Parke 2986
In reply to this post by David Platten 2616
Hi David. Sadly I'm up country for a few days and won't be able to get back in time. Have a good trip
Steve
Steve
Arwen's Meanderings
www.arwensmeanderings.blogspot.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Matt Fedden 3531
David,

Rachel and I are looking forward to attending, and to introduce ourselves there.
Thank you,

Matt
Reply | Threaded
|

Roger Barnes 936
Not certain - as I have been talked into sailing a pilot cutter from Penzance to Douarnenez this week. But I should be flying back on Thursday and so I should be able to get to this rally.

Roger Barnes
President
Dinghy Cruising Association 

43 Witham Friary
Frome
Somerset
BA11 5HF

07801 263278
[hidden email]

On 19 Jul 2018, at 22:56, David Platten 2616 [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Apart from myself and Alastair, who has already informed me, who else might be coming? Just so that I can give the pub some idea of numbers. Boats with lifting keels or minimal draught should be able to make it right up to the quay at Lerryn on the very top of the tide (19:00 hrs.) - but be sure you leave on time on Sunday morning; depth is about two feet over softish mud! (Or that was the case last time I was there, a couple of years ago.) Regards David

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/SW-region-rally-to-Lerryn-28-29-July-tp1386.html
To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML

Roger Barnes
President
Dinghy Cruising Association

president@dinghycruising.org.uk
Reply | Threaded
|

David Platten 2616
In reply to this post by John Lidstone 1503
Yes, it being a spring tide, it should be possible to get right up to the quay, which shows as car park on Google satellite image, and where there is also a slipway, or there are several points downstream from where you can access the footpath which follows the shoreline. Don't go upstream of the carpark; the causeway consists of stepping stones just submerged at HW! Regards David
Reply | Threaded
|

David Platten 2616
In reply to this post by Matt Fedden 3531
Looking forward to meeting you, Matt & Rachel! Regards David
Reply | Threaded
|

Matt Fedden 3531
David,
I have been contacted by fellow DCA member Dave Swiggs, (who is offline at the moment), to say that he and his wife Merri will also be at the pub on Sat evening.

Thanks.

Matt
Reply | Threaded
|

David Platten 2616
Thanks,Matt. I'll add them to the list. We're up to 8 members so far!Regards David
Reply | Threaded
|

David Platten 2616
In reply to this post by Matt Fedden 3531
Hello  Matt - just  to let you  know  that, despite weather forecast, at least  2, possibly 5, of us reckless  old lags, will be  at the Ship Inn, Lerryn, from about  19.00 hrs. tomorrow. Just in case you thought  the rally  might be off! Maybe  you  could let Dave know? Regards David 

On 22 Jul 2018 16:01, "Matt Fedden 3531 [via DCA Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
David,
I have been contacted by fellow DCA member Dave Swiggs, (who is offline at the moment), to say that he and his wife Merri will also be at the pub on Sat evening.

Thanks.

Matt

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/SW-region-rally-to-Lerryn-28-29-July-tp1386p1395.html
To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from SW region rally to Lerryn 28/29 July, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Matt Fedden 3531
David,

I've just had a chat to Dave, both he and Merri, and Rach and I, are looking forward to meeting you at The Ship tomorrow. We will decide tomorrow about boats/camping, but we will see you (all) there. Best wishes,

Matt