classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sailing Scotland

Jerry Evans 2510
Hi Stephen,
just wondered how you are getting on, and where you are. 

I am leaving for Linnhe Marine on this coming Sunday. It seems to take ages to collect all the bits and pieces to pack. Still finding last minute tasks.

I do hope work and other commitments allow you to continue your trip north. Is that still your plan?

If it is and you arrive in June, or a bit later, we should be able to get together. I do hope so.

My only comms. available when in Scotland will be by mobile phone, usually texting. Messages may take some time if there is no signal in the area, which is not uncommon because of the mountains. (Once or twice I have been off service for two days.) You could set up a VHF call by a text message to me first then I could try a VHF call to you on a working channel, say channel 6. My limited power on board does not allow me to keep a listening watch on VHF. I do listen to the three hourly Coastguard weather bulletin, so a VHF call straight after that, or after the gunfacts notices if there are any, I should hear you on channel 16, safety and calling.

Call 'yacht Tropical Kitt etc'.

You can email or ring landline or mob until Sat. night.

Jerry
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sailing Scotland

Stephen Yates 3232
Hi jerry, if you find some wifi and see this, I left her in st Mary's port, iom. Engine troubles, (fixed in Douglas, after an epic) slowed me right down.
Just returned a few days ago, but first my keel stuck, then leaving the bay this morning it fell off :)
All going well tomorrow, she will be lifted and I'll refit it and get away for ardglas on sat.
I need to be back 9th June, she may end up being left at ballycastle, or I may make it over to islay/gigha and then up to ardfern or Crinan  basin or somewhere I can leave her to go back to work. Regardless, I pick her up again on the 15th, and carry on. If you text me your whereabouts around the 15th, I will try and head in your direction.
Hopefully, catch up with you somewhere on the west coast :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Stephen Yates 3232
Hi jerry, in colonsay now, heading up towards mull/Oban tomorrow, will probably leave her in lihnne marina or ardoran on Wednesday. I dropped my phone into the sea tho, so can't message you, if you see this, keep your eyes out for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Patrick Horton 3310
Hi Stephen. I am hoping to meet Jerry nr oban around 24th. Been in regular contact. He is presently weather bound at fladday on raasay. He mentioned poss meet up if it suits you. Presumably you now managed to replace your phone but will fwd your message to Jerry. I can be contacted on 07866 896099.
Patrick