Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

South West Group Rallies, and Journal

Mark D
Although I have been a member for just over a year, I have yet to join a DCA rally primarily because I spend 8 months a year in California (my home for the last 30 years) and only 4 months of the summer in Devon each year.

I have foolishly left my copy of the journal in California so am trying to piece together plans for rallies in the South West Area.  Could someone from this area please send me the plans for the season.

I have a wooden Swallow Bayraider which as yet does not have a sleeping platform or cockpit cover, but I am working on solving that. "Pippin" is moored on the Dart and we took part in the Sail Caledonia Raid last year which was a blast.  This year we are staying more local but might make a trip to Morbihan.

Here's hoping to meet some of you Southwesteners.
Mark

Pippin in Scotland 2018
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: South West Group Rallies, and Journal

Mark D
Also I see that on the website there is a mention of a river Exe rally in May.  That would interest me as I have yet to visit that river.
Anyone planning on going and if so when?
Mark
Reply | Threaded
|

ProperJob
In reply to this post by Mark D
Hi Mark,
We met a couple of years ago when we were having a trial sail at Mylor with the Bay Raiders. I now keep Proper Job in Falmouth and like you I have yet to join a DCA rally. Reading the winter edition there are two rallies listed  1st May 4-6 at Calstock on the river Tamar coordinator John Perry  j_perry@btinternet.com
 and May 18-19  Lerryn Fowey coordinator David Platten dgmplatten@gmail.com. hope this helps I am also
 looking to attend Falmouth week with Proper Job around the first week in August and there are at least two
 more Bay raiders that hopefully may be able to join as well. Meet soon Steve

Reply | Threaded
|

Mark D
Steve,

Good to make your acquaintance again. Unfortunately we will miss Falmouth this year but there is a slim chance I will come down for the OGA Helford gathering. (I have to defend my trophy!)

I have dropped John an email with no response yet. I will give him a call this evening.

Are you coming to this May 4-6 rally?  In case I do not get the sleeping arrangement sorted on Pippin in time, do you know of a pub with rooms within walking distance or Calshot and our overnight spot on this rally.  I used to have friends with a waterside dock at Calshot but they have moved to France!

I am hoping Steve will also show up in Arwen.

Mark
"Pippin"
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: South West Group Rallies, and Journal

John Lidstone 1503

Hi Mark,

If you mean Calstock (not Calshot) I found a room on Booking.com for Saturday 4th night but there wasn't much to choose from. You could try Air BNB?

John

Sent from my Windows 10 device

Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2019 11:21:53 AM
To: John Lidstone 1503
Subject: Re: South West Group Rallies, and Journal

Steve,

Good to make your acquaintance again. Unfortunately we will miss Falmouth this year but there is a slim chance I will come down for the OGA Helford gathering. (I have to defend my trophy!)

I have dropped John an email with no response yet. I will give him a call this evening.

Are you coming to this May 4-6 rally?  In case I do not get the sleeping arrangement sorted on Pippin in time, do you know of a pub with rooms within walking distance or Calshot and our overnight spot on this rally.  I used to have friends with a waterside dock at Calshot but they have moved to France!

I am hoping Steve will also show up in Arwen.

Mark
"Pippin"

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/South-West-Group-Rallies-and-Journal-tp1695p1700.html
To start a new topic under Rallies, Raids & Cruises: planning & places, email ml+[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Mark D
John,

Yes indeed I did mean Calstock! I might have a sleeping solution jury rigged by then....
Mark
Reply | Threaded
|

John Lidstone 1503
Hi Mark,
Re Calstock on 4th, did you sort out your sleeping arrangements? I'll be starting up river from Saltash SC at about 1130 or 1200 on Saturday in (on) my kayak. I hope to see you on the water or in Calstock.
John