classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The End for Beale Park?

Keith Muscott 1516
Administrator
I had an email from Peter Greenfield of Water Craft this morning.

He begins by announcing that too much of the valuable time needed for him to promote the high level of Water Craft's involvement at Beale has passed without a deal being struck with the organisers.

He wrote to Ben Lane of the Show Team as recently as January 11th to convey his worries about the Show: 'We have been promoting the 2019 Show in the magazine, both with ads and editorial, yet there is very little evidence that it’s going ahead.'

Pete then attaches the complete letter sent to him in reply by Ben Lane, which says among other things that, '...there is no money in the pot' and '...we can't work under the strict unrealistic terms of the new management at Beale Park.'

As one would expect, Pete has lost no time in spreading the word among those of us who see Beale as an important landmark in our year. I will send him my commiserations today – and my thanks for including us in his email distribution list of 14.

In such a disordered situation anything is possible, even a rescue, but it is far too late for the Show to be anywhere near as complete as it should be. The best that Pete hopes for is, '...that the show is cancelled this year to be reinvented for 2020, at Beale Park or elsewhere, which could provide the opportunity to reinstate our competitions and more.'

He concludes: 'With regret... and my sincere thanks for your sponsorship over the years.'

We must not include Beale 2019 in our rally programmes, obviously, but at the same time we might remain alert to the possibility of a slimmed down event without most of the usual exhibitors present, which we could decide to support – or not.

Keith

(Sorry Michael!)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The End for Beale Park?

Roger Barnes 936
This post was updated on .
Thanks Keith

I wondered what was happening.

Good job we are at the Dinghy Show then. Not that I have done much yet to organise for it…

Roger

Roger Barnes
President
Dinghy Cruising Association

43 Witham Friary
Frome
Somerset
BA11 5HF

07801 263278
rogerbarnes@dinghycruising.org.uk

Roger Barnes
President
Dinghy Cruising Association

president@dinghycruising.org.uk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The End for Beale Park?

Michael Wilkinson 3461
If the Beale Park event is off for 2019, I should be able to make the RYA Dinghy Show (2nd-3rd March) instead, as things stand.

If you want any help from a relative novice and fairly new member of the DCA, let me know.