Wanted Mirror Dinghy mast and sails

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wanted Mirror Dinghy mast and sails

Brian Chislett 2642
I am looking for a Mirror mast, boom and sails, in usable condition, to convert my Miracle into a Gunter rig.Just the sails and boom would be ok.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Wanted Mirror Dinghy mast and sails

Chris Yardley
Hello Brian
I may well be able to help - I certainly have a mast and probably have a boom - somewhere - I dont think I have any sails though but will look to see if I did get rid of them. Alternatively I know that I do have a Heron rig with mast boom gaff and sails - its nearly the same dimensions and I have seen herons use mirror rigs. I am in north norfolk though so may be too inaccessible to be worth while.
Kind regards Chris
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Chislett 2642
Thanks Chris, if you could give me the dimensions I would be grateful.Cheers
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Yardley
I have them stored away from home so I will dig them out hopefully sometime this week and measure them. Kind regards Chris

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Yardley
Hello Brian
I had a hunt for the Heron rig and couldnt find the sails or gaff, but I did find that I do have a Mirror mast, gaff (with the jaws taken off ready to re-glue and I am pretty sure I have seen them around), boom and suit of sails circa 1974 but new and never actually used. I have had them out and they are completely unused and good except that the glue on the numbers has, over the years, spread and stained around the figures and has tended to allow the numbers to lift off. The sails are Jeckells and were the standard ones with a kit (I got them by chance in a house move and had thought I had let them go but I remembered that it was another suit I had given to a friend of mine) but they arent by any means of the first quality as a result. The mast is OK - wood - little bit dark stained here and there but sound and the boom and gaff likewise - they are probably from the 1970s too. Let me know if its of interest - I think I would probably want £100 for the lot
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Chislett 2642
Yes please where are you? If there is a delay in coming back to its because I am in Germany for a few days. Many thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Yardley
I am up in North Norfolk - Near Wells next the Sea. I am arround most of the time but although self employed, it tends to be a bit difficult during the week (but evenings are OK). Are you a long way off though? may not be viable? Chris
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Chislett 2642
Everything viable! I live near Bristol but am at the moment in Germany for two weeks. Leave it with me to work out a cunning plan.cheers
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Chislett 2642
Hi Chris,
back in UK. The mast would be a problem but that's something I can rig . I have a boom and can adapt an existing gaff. Would you be willing to sell the sails only? plus delivery of course.
Cheers
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

John Lidstone 1503
Hi Brian,
Just before you get deeply into negotiations, I'm not sure if you're aware that your messages are "broadcasting" to all DCA Forum members. 😊
Cheers
John

On 19 Oct 2019 11:51, "Brian Chislett 2642 [via DCA Forum]" <ml+[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chris,
back in UK. The mast would be a problem but that's something I can rig . I have a boom and can adapt an existing gaff. Would you be willing to sell the sails only? plus delivery of course.
Cheers
Brian

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Wanted-Mirror-Dinghy-mast-and-sails-tp1828p1866.html
To start a new topic under Members' Ads: offered & wanted, email ml+[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML