Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wanted a camping Dinghy

Brian Chislett 2642
Wanted a wooden Heron, Gull, Embassy or similar. Equipped for camping would be ideal. I am downgrading from a trailer sailer.Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Wanted a camping Dinghy

Frank Raisin 2892
downSIZING but UPgrading !!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Carl
In reply to this post by Brian Chislett 2642
Hi !
I am a new member and if I understood rightly, the first Belgian member of the DCA. I am very proud to be a DCA member.  I used to sail a bigger yacht, when I was much younger, let's say 20 years ago (I am 51 years young.), but - apart from three recent dingy sailing trips in the Netherlands - I have not sailed over the last 15 years.  I would like to purchase a rather seaworthy cruising camping dinghy to sail on the North Sea and (more importantly) to trailer to other interesting destinations to explore wonderful estuaries in France and England. After careful consideration, I set my eye on an ILUR by Francois Vivier (I guess Roger Barnes inspired me massively.  Tx for that!).  I would appreciate should you let me know of an Ilur for sale. Many thanks. Very best wishes, Carl
Reply | Threaded
|

Roger Barnes 936
Hi Carl

A good source for Ilurs is the French magazine Le Chasse-Maree. https://www.chasse-maree.com/annonces/ There are usually one or two advertised there. They’re not all that cheap though.

Roger

On 29 Sep 2019, at 22:24, Carl [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi !
I am a new member and if I understood rightly, the first Belgian member of the DCA. I am very proud to be a DCA member.  I used to sail a bigger yacht, when I was much younger, let's say 20 years ago (I am 51 years young.), but - apart from three recent dingy sailing trips in the Netherlands - I have not sailed over the last 15 years.  I would like to purchase a rather seaworthy cruising camping dinghy to sail on the North Sea and (more importantly) to trailer to other interesting destinations to explore wonderful estuaries in France and England. After careful consideration, I set my eye on an ILUR by Francois Vivier (I guess Roger Barnes inspired me massively.  Tx for that!).  I would appreciate should you let me know of an Ilur for sale. Many thanks. Very best wishes, Carl

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Wanted-a-camping-Dinghy-tp1001p1840.html
To start a new topic under Members' Ads: offered & wanted, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DCA Forum, click here.
NAML

Roger Barnes
President
Dinghy Cruising Association

president@dinghycruising.org.uk
Reply | Threaded
|

Carl
Thank you, Roger.  Indeed, they are not all that cheap.  But, I know what I want and I can be patient. The 'winter doldrums' could be good times to look for and find an Ilur.  This being said, I am wondering if you could make available, either via youtube or a new book, the most beautiful and convenient cruising dinghy destinations both in England and France.  I am sure many of us would be most interested and willing to purchase such book/pay some sort of fee to have access to such info.
I look forward to your next youtube video.  Best wishes, Carl
Reply | Threaded
|

Stephen Davies 3471
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Karl.

Convenience is dependent on where we set out from and how we move our boats.

I think you're asking a lot of Roger here, but I accept that for France, he is the authority.

I enjoyed the last video that showed him master of his ship at one moment, but then doing the sort of tramp that I am used to, when the tides conspired against him. More like that please for me!

Stephen.
Reply | Threaded
|

Roger Barnes 936
In reply to this post by Carl
Hi Carl

I am talking with my publishers about a new book at present.

Roger

On 1 Oct 2019, at 00:23, Carl [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you, Roger.  Indeed, they are not all that cheap.  But, I know what I want and I can be patient. The 'winter doldrums' could be good times to look for and find an Ilur.  This being said, I am wondering if you could make available, either via youtube or a new book, the most beautiful and convenient cruising dinghy destinations both in England and France.  I am sure many of us would be most interested and willing to purchase such book/pay some sort of fee to have access to such info.

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Wanted-a-camping-Dinghy-tp1001p1847.html
NAML

Roger Barnes
President

president@dinghycruising.org.uk
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Wanted a camping Dinghy

Carl

Excellent! Looking forward to it!

From: Roger Barnes 936 [via DCA Forum] [mailto:ml+[hidden email]]
Sent: dinsdag 1 oktober 2019 12:01
To: Carl Dotremont <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Wanted a camping Dinghy

Hi Carl

I am talking with my publishers about a new book at present.

Roger

On 1 Oct 2019, at 00:23, Carl [via DCA Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Wanted-a-camping-Dinghy-tp1001p1847.html

NAML

Roger Barnes
President

[hidden email]

http://forum.dinghycruising.org.uk/Wanted-a-camping-Dinghy-tp1001p1849.html

To unsubscribe from Wanted a camping Dinghy, click here.
NAML